Instant Gratification

Instant Gratification - Jill Shalvis I'm officially a fan. I can never find anything wrong with a Jill Shalvis book. Her heroes are yummy, sometimes ultra alpha, sometimes not. But they always end with a great romance - super sweet, super hot, and just what I need.Stone is the middle Wilder brother, a little more laid back than the other two. He's not a chest beater, and has no qualms about letting Emma know that he wants her. The natural progression of the relationship, in his opinion, is simply what happens when you are with someone you enjoy being with. He's always had a lot of women around but never kept them because he just never wanted one bad enough. This all changes with Dr. Emma Sinclair. She's icy to his warm, and before long, he knows he wants to be the one to warm her up. To Emma, Stone is exactly what she doesn't want in a man. She's a big city girl, used to dating rich men who have professional careers and wear suits. Stone 'plays' for a living, and doesn't even shave every day. (gasp!) Soon enough, though, Emma begins to wonder if Stone's way of life could be the answer to her big life questions. "She swallowed hard against the ball of emotion suddenly in her throat, because wasn't that the truth. All her anxiety, her rush, her need to be so driven, it all came down to what she needed, and she knew what that was now. This. Him."Like all Jill Shalvis books that I've read so far, this wasn't some multifaceted 600 page clunker. This was simply romance. There are a few other people involved, but the focus of the story is the relationship between Emma and Stone. It was exactly what I expected. A fabulous contemporary romance.