Lying Season

Lying Season - Karina Halle DEX, DEX, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?I mean, to Perry...My absolute favorite of the series so far. Honestly, this entire series really just deserves SHADES OF FIFTY STARS, because I'm pretty sure Karina Halle is a genius. Each book has a formula...set up for the life of Perry and Dex/setup for the situation they are about to find themselves in/set up for the state of their sad and effed up, star crossed relationship.....and then BAM!!!!!!! You're hit over the head with awesome!!!! Seriously, each book is really good up to the fifty percent mark or so and then you realize that you're not sitting in your living room any more, you're actually ghost hunting with Dex and Perry, getting ready to be eaten by rotting leper babies or dragged off by evil shape shifters. It's quite difficult to come back to reality when the book is over. I feel quite bereft every time!!Okay, beyond the gushing...So Dex gets a great opportunity to film in his hometown of Seattle, in a never-before explored haunted mental hospital. The hospital is still used by a few patients, but for the most part is empty, with only one wing being used. Instead of putting Perry up in a hotel, Dex comes up with the brilliant idea that she should just stay in his guest room...you know, in the apartment he shares with his wine babe GIRLFRIEND!!! What the hell, Dex?! And what the hell, Perry?! Of course, what kind of story would this be if she actually said no? So we end up staring at the beginning of a train wreck."I want you to stay with me," he said. "And that's the problem. Every time you leave me, I need you a little bit more..."Well, pardon me, but fuck you too, Dex...with your girlfriend and your life and your distance and your randomly sweet words. What is going on in your head? It's beyond sad, because these two are so meant to be, and it's beyond obvious to everyone but them. And yet they couldn't be more lonely. I just want to scream at him, "She's RIGHT THERE, DEX!!! TAKE HER, keep her, hold her, she's yours!"