Color of Forgiveness - Madeleine Beckett If you haven't read the first book, there may be spoilers for it hidden in this review!When we last saw Dylan and Myra, these two had finally acted on their growing feelings for each other. Directly afterwards, Dylan does a mysterious disappearing act, leaving Myra to wonder whether what just happened was an unplanned booty call. Especially when she hunts him down at his house and is greeted by a woman wearing nothing but his shirt who claims to be his ex wife. So yeah, what woman WOULDN'T jump to the wrong conclusion there?This next part was my first problem with the book. Myra and Dylan make plans for Dylan to come to her house to explain what the heck just happened (because Dylan couldn't just tell her right there at his house?) but before the meeting takes place, Myra is now called away on an emergency back in Philly. Not only does she leave without telling Dylan, but she retains a running hissy fit for days and won't even answer him on the phone. Dylan is desperate to talk, drama drama...Myra has a new secret, drama drama...and the story turns into a miniseries of soap opera-ish proportions.Now, I have to say, I was a big fan of Dylan, so I'm a bit partial to the big jerk. But instead of him apologizing for his sudden departure after their sexy times, I think Myra should have simply let him explain. Instead, Myra is a drama queen girl. Turns out, I think she should have been the one apologizing for making Dylan feel guilty about his situation. Dylan is working through some INTENSE issues, something so painful and powerful that it changed my entire perspective of him. I tend to love the heroes...women in books start out one rung down on the ladder because I already don't like their gender. They bother me. Giggling is one of the most annoying things a girl can do in a book...and the word count for the word "giggle" is 111. Just sayin'. That is an insane amount of giggling.I still liked the plot of this story, but the execution seemed to drag out for an inordinate amount of time. I think about 100 pages here and there could easily been cut out without detracting from Myra and Dylan's story. Too many details when some could have been left to the imagination, too many BIG MOMENTS, too many things going on. A little example: One huge moment of the story has a big dramatic scene that ends one of the plot lines for the book. At the end of the chapter, the wording is as if it's the end of the book...a closing line if I ever heard one, and yet there are still over a hundred pages to go. A couple of things that I loved:-- I love Dylan's whole family!!!! Their crazy love for each other made me love Dylan that much more. The way their stories infiltrated Myra and Dylan's life really helped to bring this book full circle for me...they rounded out the story and made it feel like real life. They gave this could a future filled with love and support no matter what is to come.-- The real life issues: I love books that deal with kids and families and bills and REAL things. Yes, the fantasy helps to make a great romance, but for me to believe in that romance, I want to hear some yucky stuff too. And Dylan and Myra deal with death and life and ex wives and annoying best friends...things that normal people encounter on their journey with their special someone. So when I put this book down, I truly felt as if they were in it for the long haul!!! And that was before I got to the epilogue...-- The EPILOGUE!!!! Oh, this is what epilogues were made for!!!! This was swoony and teary and heartbreaking and heartwarming all at once... It was an EPIC EPILOGUE if ever I did see one, and such a beautiful way to end Dylan and Myra's journey to love and healing.Many thanks to Madeleine Beckett for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.