The Death Cure - James Dashner Expect the unexpected, people! There is a reason that this series has such rabid fans. In a literary world filled with sunshine and rainbows, happy endings and kisses in the moonlight, welcome to James Dashner's world!!!And while most of my friends know, those happy endings are what I LIVE for, I've got to admit that Dashner did it right. It's obvious that he had a vision for this series, for Tommy and the Gladers, and hell...the WORLD! And even though he took some winding, twisty, crazy roads to get there, he sure got there!!! This installment of the Maze Runner series has Tommy and the rest of the still living Gladers from group A and Group B, and also a few crazy frenemies from the Scorch trying to finally solve this crazy worldwide puzzle. They still don't have their memories, but Wicked is the big player in this game, and they still have some mind games to play. Tommy, however, finally grows a pair. You think he already grew a pair, huh? Nope, not until now, when he faces not only his past coming back to haunt him, but some of the biggest trials he's faced yet...betrayal. Problem is, now we've got to figure out just who is doing the betraying...Anyone...and I do mean ANYONE...can be the one to pull the trigger.I have to admit, I cried my eyes out at one point. I felt a bit like Dashner betrayed ME! Just like authors of old, this man shows little loyalty to his characters, and more loyalty to his books. Which is how it probably should be, it just makes for a puffy eyed Duchess... This book is just as action packed as the other two books, only the Gladers and leftovers aren't limited to the Glade or the Scorch. They're free to move about, albeit secretly, because Wicked and Ratman (uuuurgggg, Ratman!!) are still hot on their trail. We've all known that Thomas is one Very Important Person, but how and why? Do you want answers? Well, nani-nani-boo-boo, you aren't getting them! At least, not complete answers. At lest, I don't think so... **Shrug**But despite the grumpy rantings and mediocre ratings, I was actually completely satisfied with the ending to this. It's been one hell of a road for these kids to travel, and I'm really glad that Dashner took the high road here and ended the series at three instead of dragging it out until we readers got bored with the lack of finality. As is, I think he had a fantastic trilogy plotted out, and I put the book (audiobook) down with a contented, if not happy...sigh.And remember, Gladers....