If You Could See Me Now - Cecelia Ahern Listened to the audio version. LOVED the Irish accents, and also loved that there were two different voices, a man's and a woman's.Now, I don't read a lot of chick lit, so I'm not sure what the norm is. But one thing I've noticed about the chick lit that I HAVE read is it's ability to make me cry. This was no exception. I found myself tearing up quite a few times; so often, in fact, that I started telling myself to toughen up. It was just so sad! Elizabeth's mother is a horribly selfish woman who is in and out of her life as a child, leaving her and her father and baby sister on their own. She returns occasionally, living as a free spirit with no responsibilities as far as she is concerned. Due Elizabeth's traumatic and lonely childhood spent raising her sister, she has become an ultra-responsible, stuffy, stressed young woman. Her sister, on the other hand, has gone the way of their mother, and in doing so, left Elizabeth with her young son to raise. Ivan is...well, for the longest time, I wasn't sure what he was. Is he an imaginary friend? A fairy? A leprechaun? I was a bit concerned, because he acted like a child most of the time, but had occasional adult thoughts. I really started worrying when it seemed as if he was becoming a love interest for Elizabeth. All the while, he is her nephew's 'friend' that no one else can see. Confused? I was, too.Aside from the first third of the book being a bit odd, the rest actually ended up moving me in ways I didn't expect. Since Elizabeth has become a mother to her nephew, she worries that she simply doesn't have the motherly instinct that comes so naturally to the other moms in this small Irish town. She knows that she likes things orderly and clean, and she knows and accepts that she doesn't understand how to play with and coddle children. She is also aware that her unconventional childhood may be a roadblock in the ability to raise a child. She never really knew what it was to BE a child. How can she instinctively know how to raise one? Then comes Ivan, her nephew's invisible 'friend.'Ivan is drawn to Elizabeth in a way he never has been to anyone before. But he doesn't know why she can see him. Only children have seen him before. What he does know is that he was sent here to help both of these people overcome pasts, learn to smile, and accept the abundant happiness that surrounds them.I hugged my kids when I finished this book, and took them outside to play. It's a good one to read when life gets you down, when responsibilities weigh heavily on your shoulders. It's good to remember how to play again, and how to see the beauty in day to day life.