Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1)

Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1) - S.C. Stephens "Love doesn't exactly come with an off switch."Gosh, this book left me torn. Kiera is a difficult heroine to like throughout most of the book. I DID come to the conclusion that she is just young and immature. She's at that stage in life when you don't think too hard about how your actions will affect others, and you don't realized that the decisions you make today can come back to haunt you. She just went with what felt right at the time. Obviously, Kiera was torn, too. Sweet, thoughtful, comfortable two year relationship, or passionate, volatile, untried new man? Aaah! I just wanted to smack her (on the shoulder, as she seems to prefer that move) or hug her. Of course, Kellan is dreamy. A rock star in their city, he has his pick of women. Literally, they throw themselves at him. And no holding back! His relationship with women is not to be read about by those with delicate sensibilities. I was in turns disgusted and saddened by his behavior. It was just as self destructive as Kiera's indecisiveness. Denny is the two year boyfriend. He's basically what every girl wants in a man: beautiful, thoughtful, faithful - simply perfect. That's why Kiera is so confused. She has the ideal boyfriend; so why is Kellan consuming her? Because, as we learn, he is as multifaceted as they come. And Keira loves every facet; good and bad. Kellan is certain that he doesn't deserve Kiera. We come to understand that in his own way, Kellan is a good person, too. "His good heart broke mine."I was so emotionally confused by this book. At times angry, others sad, and still others almost euphoric. There was a time or two that I simply wanted the story to move forward. But that was mostly because I wanted to get to a happy ending. When a book makes me this bipolar, it's got to be good, in my opinion. "There was a frenzied desperation to our lovemaking that had never been there before. It was heartfelt, it was heartbreaking. It was extreme joy, it was bone-crushing grief. It was fiery-hot, it was icy-cold. It was true love sprouting, it was true love dying. It was like we were both trying to hold onto something that was slipping through our fingers, and we didn't understand why."Aah! Break my heart!That's one of the reasons I love to read. All of these emotional stepping stones made for one hell of a roller coaster ride! Even though so much of the story focuses on one man, I still found myself wondering which one she would choose. This was the epitome of choosing with your head or with your heart.