Flesh (Flesh, #1)

Flesh - Kylie Scott Buddy read with Tom, Sarah, and a whole buncha others. Erotic zombie post apocalyptic cray-cray....bring it on!!!!************************************************"Humans are social creatures. I didn't realize how much until nearly everyone was gone."Ali has been hiding for months in the upstairs floor of her neighbor's house. (because zombies can't climb) Civilization has crumbled, and she has locked herself away in order to survive. When she goes on one of her rare outings to find food, she runs into Dan. Dan is starved for human companionship...and let's face it, sex. Not a lot of women around after the fall of modern society. (Which is never explained...one BIG question mark!) I loved, love, LOVED Dan! He's just a big lonely, funny, horny guy. He tends to look on the bright side of life, regardless of the situation they're in. Dan's dialogue is so full of one liners, I could probably quote him for pages. "Tell me I'm right again. Slowly this time. Really draw out the words, play it up for me. Feel free to pant in between if it feels natural."and"Why can't you give me a straight answer?""Why can't you ride me like a pony?" He scowled straight back at her, unrepentant. "Don't pretty girls like ponies? I thought they did."After Dan convinces Ali that he's not out to rape and pillage, the two decide to stick together. Problem is, Dan is so smitten that he can't seem to keep his mind out of the gutter long enough to protect his female. (insert chest beating here)And in steps Finn. Finn's a younger guy...mid twenties and used to be a cop. He's the serious protector that Dan and Ali need, and Dan somewhat reluctantly accepts his help.I knew going in that this included zombies in a post-apocalyptic world, erotica, and three main characters...hmmm...erotica-->two guys and a girl. Hmmm...wonder what's gonna happen."Someone needed to run her out of town, pin a nice big red "A" on her chest. Pity the only two people around to see it seemed to be encouraging the behaviour..."Silly girl! What two guys in a godless, lawless world wouldn't take advantage and tag team your a**? Pulease!!!So I have to be honest, I went into this just wanting something fun and different, which is why I think I enjoyed it so much. It's certainly no life altering story full of deep revelations of the human spirit. But it was fun and fairly fast paced, and sexy as hell! I love post apocalyptic worlds. I love the slight differences that authors use to explain away the zombie virus and how they each portray or barbaric world when we are reduced to mere survival instincts. I think if there was one glaring deletion from this book, it was the world building. I wanted more zombie!!! Ali, Dan, and Finn are immersed in scary, running from zombies and rape-happy groups of men, hiding in high places at night. But other than as a setup for the book, there wasn't a lot of description and explanation. I wish there had been more. More description of the days following the zombie takeover and more of an idea of what the future holds.Despite the lack of wow factor in the world building, I was thoroughly entertained. I don't suggest reading this unless your in the mood for silly and unrealistic. But it was all in good fun, and I'll definitely be moving on to the next book!!